When we say we are on a diet… it is ninety-nine times out a hundred; we mean we are cutting down on our food intake and/or improving the quality of the food we eat.
We should do the same for the media that we consume. Manage the quality and quantity before it makes us unhealthy and lazy.
Slim down on the news that we read, watch and listen to. It puts fat around the head. The head is linked to the body and to overall health.
Force in a diet on the social media that we partake in that rots our gut as quick as any dodgy curry from that backstreet caff!
We should also diet on the exercise we allocate to ourselves and understand the need for rest and repair.
The self-help and personal development stuff that we surround ourselves with needs some thinning out.
Diet on the use of the phone. Give your eyes that break. They deserve it. You will need them in later life!
Diet is everywhere.
Ten things to do to successfully diet more than just do the food diet!!
- Know what diet you are on and why.
- You can diet on more than one thing at a time.
- Connect your diet to the mood you want to change in yourself.
- There is no limit to what you diet on. The only limit is your imagination.
- Change the habit to impact the diet – if you turn on the TV news when you awake, do not. Make a point to change that habit.
- Measure your change, physically and mentally. A daily journal is the equivalent of bathroom scales for the mind.
- Be selective; curate what you read, hear and see. It is always your choice what you put in your body and into your mind.
- Stop! If it is crap and it is killing your mood. Stop it. Stop reading a lousy book. Watch a bad movie at twice the speed and reduce your time spent wasted. Stop listening to other people that dim your lights. Curate them out of your day, week or life.
- Put positivity in your diet – positive influences are your salad and veg equivalent. You need greens to keep your system running. You need positivity in the same way.
- Set your short and long-term goals but link them to mental and physical health and know that one can measure the other. Positive mental health will impact your body mass index – measure that to measure mental health.
Above all else, enjoy the experience of widespread dieting. If it is not a good experience, you are doing it wrong or deep in cold turkey.
Push on through to the other side.
There is a matrix to unplug from…
Neo: I know you’re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you’re afraid… you’re afraid of us. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. I’m going to hang up this phone, and then I’m going to show these people what you don’t want them to see. I’m going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you..